Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Baking in the sun.

Wow! Ok, here in Texas we are baking in the sun. The drought is worse than ever and we are sitting at 102 degrees for today. I am currently in air conditioned bliss but ah...the threat of rolling blackouts on the news this morning cautions me to keep the temperature in here at moderately comfortable versus the ice box I want it to be. Even my poor dog is sprawled out on the tile floor along with the cat keeping cool. So I now have everything off in the house, all lights and televisions off and nothing on but anything that is essential since I am hoping and praying we don't run into rolling blackouts and am trying to do my part to conserve energy.

Now I am sitting here bored out of my mind. I just got done playing Cafe World on facebook and can't do another thing while all of my food is cooking, I am getting hungry and trying not to eat while my butt is sitting here on the computer. I have done my homework for my class already and don't wish to do anymore for the day. I was wondering if anyone had any good book, manga or comic suggestions to help me pass the time. Suggest away!!!

3 comments:

  1. Well my friend while you out there in the United States are hot here in Santa Catarina in Brazil where I live is freezing, more between cold and heat surely I prefer the cold. I wish you better in time, Brazilian hug from your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I Really ThinkAugust 3, 2011 at 6:47 PM

    Thanks for the hug! One right back at ya!I honestly would take the cold over sweltering hot anyday. At least you can layer your clothing and build a fire. There is no relief in sight and I am dehydrating as we speak. I'll be a raisin soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you're right, but not for me to make a fire, because here where I live in Brazil and it is snowing in the mountains here, but I'd love to make a fire. :)

    ReplyDelete